Lake Murray Yacht Racing Association (LMYRA) has run a fun oriented regatta for PHRF rated sailboats over the past 30 years. Recently multihull sailboats have been included. For the last 15 years, Outback Steakhouse has been the principal regatta sponsor, however last year Outback ended it’s very successful relationship with LMYRA, and although the regatta name has been changed to the LMYRA Fall Classic, the same high quality event will take place over the weekend of September 25 – 27.
The sailing format will be similar to previous years:
- A distance race on Saturday afternoon for three divisions of cruising boats .
- Races on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning for PHRF rated racing sailboats in spinnaker and non-spinnaker divisions.
- Races on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning for single handed and double handed multihull classes.
However, there will several noticeable changes on the social/administrative side that are intended to reduce the workload on the organizers. These are highlighted as follows:
- The event will be split between the Columbia Sailing Club (CSC) and the Windward Point Yacht Club (WPYC). The Friday night party will be held at WPYC and the sailing, breakfasts, Saturday dinner and Sunday lunch will be run out of CSC.
- Sailboat registration, ordering of additional dinners and preordering of regatta regalia will be entirely online via regattatech.com . Registration will close at 9:00 pm on Friday September 25.
- There will be a “Help desk” open at the Friday evening party at WPYC, primarily to assign handicap rating. There will be no Saturday morning registration desk.
- Payment will be by credit card only via the RegattaTech website. Neither cash nor checks will be accepted.
- Subject to availability, hats and T-shirts, that have not been preordered, will be sold throughout the regatta.
- The Saturday evening dinner will be a low country boil, prepared by master chef Tommy Kasperski of Lake Murray Sailing Club (LMSC).
For more information, see the Notice of Race (NOR) on the RegattaTech website or contact the regatta organizer Sherron Hopper at email@example.com.